PROVIDING ROLES OF ENGINEER TO THE CONTRACT & PROJECT SUPERINTENDANT.
The “Devil is always in the detail” of construction projects.
A key fundamental is to quickly understand the project and the client’s key drivers and objectives. Effective communication across the entire project team is essential. The use of tools for monitoring and targeting key milestone dates alongside fastidious attention to detail will ensure required project outcomes are met.
Our focus at all times is to ensure “value for money” is achieved for our clients.
With over 30 years’ experience much of it hands on in recent years running the operational side of construction projects throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific the principle has significant experience in being able to make this happen for clients.
There is significantly more to project management that running project team meetings and directing others to do the work and monitoring the building contractor.
Every project is bespoke in some way and requires a clear strategy to be developed from the outset with the client.
Effective project leadership, key stakeholder engagement from the project team, clear communication, project monitoring and controls will ensure a successful completion.
With a significant history in estimating and then delivering large and complex projects previously for Major New Zealand and UK contractors and consultants, Pacific Cost Consultants Ltd are well placed to provide a combined Cost Consultancy and Project Management service for your project from inception to completion.
By combining both key client roles the client is able to significantly reduce consultancy fee costs particularly in the early cost planning and design stages of the project where two consultants would previously be required.
Principle has over 30 years’ senior level experience in Project Management on large and complex construction projects ranging from smaller NZ$50k residential projects to complex NZ$ 150,000,000 projects.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SCOPE OF SERVICES OFFERED
- Project setup
- Budget preparation
- Strategy , Planning and project definition
- Feasibility study
- Programme management
- Consultant team input
- Project monitoring
- Advocacy and Management
- Value management & Value Engineering
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Whole Life Cycle Input Advice
- Management of Resource consent/local authority building consent approval
- Defect Report Preparation and Management using online defecting recording for resolution by contractor.
- Brief preparation and review
- Design management implementation
- Quality Management System Implementation and management
- Design Programme management
- Stakeholder approval and Advocacy
- Resource and Building Consent management
- Engineer to the contract/Project Superintendent Role
- Construction programming resourcing and logistics
- Project handover and closeout